Clinics & Services
In addition to GP and Advanced Nurse Practitioner consultations the practice adheres to the General Medical Services Contract for the provision of healthcare services:
- Coronary heart disease
- Antenatal and Obstetric care - This is undertaken by the community midwife together with the doctors.
- Blood pressure checks
- Blood tests
- Cervical smears
- Contraceptive services
- Child health surveillance - care shared between the doctor and health visitor.
- Childhood immunisations
- Dietary advice
- Healthy living - including weight & exercise advice and smoking cessation.
- HGV/PSV, life assurance, sports, adoption and pre-employment can be provided for which there will be a charge (please see 'Non NHS Services' section for details of fees).
- Please note we cannot provide ENG1 boatmen medicals as we do not have an MCA approved GP at Carn to Coast Health Centres. We can, however, undertake ML5 medicals as long as the patient does not have any disqualifying conditions.
- Minor surgery
- Vaccinations and immunisations as required under the GMS contract.
- Well woman
- Young People - Confidential Service
We provide confidential service for young people in sexual and other health issues. This applies even if you are under 16 years old. You can be sure that anything you discuss with any member of this practice will stay confidential. If you would like more information about what we mean by confidential then please ask. We will be very happy to explain.